All Farm to Glass FAMILY Wine tours, aka Wine Adventures are all inclusive and include:
- Tesla Powered: style, comfort and safety are paramount
- All Tasting Fees (Premium Tasting Fees where applicable)
- Locally sourced charcuterie board including kid friendly option
- Water, Snacks, an eco-friendly gift and more!
- A donation made to a local charity from the region you visit
Family vacations to the Okanagan create life long memories for you and your children.
Are you looking for a fun and safe wine tasting adventure that is kid friendly? How about kid friendly with endless games, farm animals and the largest pillow trampoline in the Okanagan?! Well look no further! Let's visit a 650 acre regenerative farm with endless fun for kids and for adults, I'm talking about Covert Farms Family Estate in Oliver, BC.
Built for the wine lovers with their mini-mes, Farm to Glass Wine Tours has put together safe and fun, wine adventures for parents/adults and up to 2 children.
Upon arrival, the kids will go on their own adventure (if young, I can stay with them to supervise) where the very own Rhya Covert will guide your mini-mes on a walking tour to meet the resident farm animals having the opportunity to visit chickens, ducks, baby chicks, sheep, rams, lambs, llamas, and Dalilah the potbelly pig. They'll also have a chance to feed the llamas and sheep. After the tour, they’ll join the family wine tasting, where they’ll get their very own colouring page featuring one of the very animals they just met along the tour.
Kids will also get to enjoy a meat and cheese tasting that also includes two locally made juice tastings. While you sip on your 100% estate grown wines, your kids will have the opportunity to learn about how their very own juice was made – just like the grown-ups.
But the fun isn't just for the kids, you'll taste your way through 7 wines from their portfolio which will be paired alongside locally sourced artisanal cheeses, cured meats, pickles, olives, crackers, and seasonal produce and edible flowers grown right from their farm.
Based on availability at time of booking, I will arrange a tour aboard their cherry-red ’52 Mercury truck for a private, guided 1.5-hour outdoor tour throughout their 650-acre regenerative farm and vineyards. This is one of my all time favourite tour options in the Okanagan where you'll enjoy the breathtaking views while learning about the world of sustainable farming and winemaking, meet the resident farm animals, enjoy wine tasting in the vineyards, and pull fresh strawberries from the U-pick (when in season). This feature is only Wednesday-Sunday and is based on availability. This is a tour that the sooner you book, the better. To see what dates are available for this feature you can always sneak peak here or, let me know in advance as soon as possible. If this is not available at time of booking, a private campfire cookout will be booked instead.
But that's not all! Have the opportunity to visit 1-3 other wineries during your day, depending on how the family is feeling. A great option is to visit the District Wine Village in Oliver where various wineries await and for the kids to run around or, a selection of activities available including colouring, story time, nap time or the various games/Netflix/Disney+ available in Lulita the Tesla are available for your kids which I can happily supervise.
Your family wine adventure includes:
- Pick up and drop off: From any hotel, campground, residential, AirBnb location between Vernon to Osoyoos as well as Cawston and Keremeos
- Luxury Transportation in a Model Y: Style, comfort and safety are paramount with a beautifully designed interior, 15-inch touch screen, immersive sound system and an expansive all-glass roof that creates extra headroom and provides a seamless view of the sky.
- Exclusive Access: Offering winery and vineyard tours with tastings, which are at times, hosted by winemakers* or winery owners*.
- Private Estates: Certain locations are not typically open to the general public and/or tour groups, and you may be at times, the only ones on the property.
- Quality Wine: Tastings at small, family-owned wineries from a list of some of the region’s most exciting producers.
- Locally Sourced Charcuterie: At Covert Farms Family Estate - featuring cured meats, artisanal cheeses, produce and edible flowers pulled fresh from the farm.
- No Hired Drivers: A professional and knowledgeable company owner as your host. To find out more about about me, click here.
- Confirmation: We send a confirmation email to set a pick-up time and to get the rest of your information including lunch orders for the private wine tour.
- A Big Thank You from Farm to Glass & the Community: Each adult guest will receive a Farm to Glass gift, and by choosing this tour, a donation will be made to the South Okanagan Safe Home Women's Shelter with Desert Sun Counselling in Osoyoos.
It's time for your wine adventure! Great wines, greater times while leaving a positive impact on the environment, the community and supporting a woman owned business.
*Winemakers are busy people, some of the hardest workers I know. There will be times that you'll have the opportunity to speak to all of them, a few or sometimes just 1. If not the winemakers that are available, it's often their right-hand-person who will be there to answer all your questions and guide you on your wine adventure.
The wineries we visit can be a selection based on your wine preferences and is from the following list of wineries. (If you have a particular winery you want to visit that is not on the list, please ask as there is an option for requests when you book!)
Eau Vivre ~ Oliver's District Wine Village
- La Stella Winery ~ Osoyoos
- Le Vieux Pin Winery ~ Black Sage Bench
- Maverick Estate Winery ~ Golden Mile Slopes
- Stoneboat Vineyards ~ Black Sage Bench
- Winemaker's Cut ~ Oliver's District Wine Village
Farm to Glass Wine Tours reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the wineries and the order of the tour.
Please note that the scheduled pick up and drop off times for your tour may vary unavoidably depending on road conditions and/or traffic
The time allotted for the tour may vary based on the time of year and day of the week.
Farm to Glass Wine Tours proceed rain or shine*
Reasons Farm to Glass Wine Tours may cancel a wine adventure....
- Extreme weather.
- Mechanical difficulties
- Highway closed due to an accident, forest fire, and weather conditions.
- Guests arrive intoxicated.
Farm to Glass Wine Tours is not responsible for personal items left behind in the vehicle.
*This tour can be made available for children for all ages, but if your child requires a car seat/stroller, YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN. I am commercially insured to bring passengers of all ages and proof of insurance can be happily provided upon request. All guests, including children are required to sign a waiver and any applicable guardian signature. I am a qualified with Level 1 St John's First Aid which can be provided to you upon request. I am happy to assist as much or as little as possible with your children so that you can enjoy your wine adventure day!*