F2G News - 17 Things Happening & a Sunday Morning Hyper-Local Crossword
Hiya! It's Jess here from Farm to Glass Wine Tours. Here's a except from my most recent newsletter of fun and amazing wine related events happening in the Okanagan and in BC. Also, I made a fun Sunday morning crossword for y'all. It's at the bottom of the post and for mobile, it's best viewed in landscape!
- Ursa Major Winery has a spring release, online pre-sale of a couple of 2022 wines, a Riesling and a Gamay. Go get 'em while ya can!
- Destination Osoyoos has a new video and it hits all the marks! I really love how it shows that our wine country can also be a year round destination.
- Naramata Inn has a new chef and welcomes Chef Jacob Deacon-Evans to the team to further continue the farm-to-table, hyper-local cuisine.
- For The Love of Brunch! Chef Aman Dosanj is given carte blanche to create her dream brunch menu, to be paired with cocktails and wines from Tantalus Vineyards. Find tickets here.
- Orofino Winery in the Similkameen Valley is taking bookings for their beautiful suites this season. The perfect location for a wine getaway.
- Lightning Rock Winery has a new winemaker, and he's pretty fabulous!
- Klippers Organics in the Similkameen is getting their summer CSA ready (community supported agriculture). They deliver weekly fresh veggies and fruit throughout Vancouver, the Lower Mainland and the Okanagan/Similkameen. Have Q's about it? Find out more here!
- VICTORIA! The first natural wine festival is happening on March 24th where you'll find almost all my favourite wine producers + the best natural wine importers like Amovino and Minimalism.
- NaramataSlow is working on achieving Dark Sky Designation as an IDA International Dark Sky Community. How cool is that!?
- Something BIG at Summerhill Pyramid Winery March 16th! They are opening up a 12 litre bottle of 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon, among other special wines, with Canadian cheese pairings.
- Dr. Jamie Goode says that grapevine domestication is even older then we think.
- One-of-a-kind-awesome, Kelcie Jones wins best BC Somm. Congrats friend! You crushed it!
- VANCOUVER! March 31st come get all dolled up and dance the night away for the Dancing for Doctors Without Borders at Library Square. There's an amazing raffle, and you could win a Farm to Glass Wine Tour for 2! Find tickets here!
VANCOUVER! Clos du Soleil Winery and Water Street Café
are having a winemaker's dinner on March 31st. Find tickets here!
- Win a Grand Tour of Jagged Rock Vineyard at Red Bard Winery including an ATV adventure, tasting & tour and a one-night accommodation. Find out more here!
- Bartier Bros just released their delicious 2022 rosé, find it here! Rosé is a very food friendly wine, try it with salmon or pork dishes, or your fav egg forward brunch choice.
- April is BC Wine Month so share your fav wines on socials with the hashtag #bcwinemonth
That's a wrap for my first F2G Newsletter of the season. Cheers to many more, and keep in the loop by signing up for my newsletter.
And as always... Be Kind, Drink Wine.
Here's that crossword I was telling you about! Covering wine things, eco things, Okanagan things, all the things! Cheers, Jess.