FAQ | Farm to Glass Wine Tours
What wineries will we be visiting?
- You'll be visiting wineries that use organic, regenerative, biodynamic and sustainable practices. Why does this matter? Great farming makes great grapes, and great grapes makes great wine! If there is a winery you REALLY want to visit and is not on the list, just ask! Want to see the list of all the wineries I work with, find it here!
Are tasting fees included?
- Yes! In fact many wineries that I work with have non-refundable tasting fees that range from $15-35 per person and just know that it's all included on every Farm to Glass Wine Tour.
How many guests can you accommodate on a tour?
- Maximum 4 guests - Please note that you will be in a 5 passenger Tesla Model Y and is spacious. If you have any questions in regards to comfort or mobility questions please reach out, I'm happy to answer them. *For groups up to 10 guests, I collaborate with another fabulous guide/driver, please contact me for more info. I can also accommodate single person rates, just email to inquire more info.*
Will I be on a tour with other people I've never met?
- All tours are private for your group. There may come a time in the future where this tour will be offered to multiple small groups where like-minded wine lovers will have the opportunity to join together.
Can we drink alcohol in the vehicle?
- In accordance with provincial legislation, the consumption of alcohol and cannabis in motor vehicles is illegal and NOT permitted.
Is food included on the tour?
- Yes! For full day tours there will be a picnic at one of the wineries. I will contact you two weeks prior to your tour date to pre-order. Dietary restrictions can be easily accommodated. If you would like to dine at a restaurant for lunch, there is an option to "Level Up!" your Farm to Glass Wine Tour dining experience.
Are you LGBTQIA2s+ friendly?
- Yes! So much yes!
Do you accept Bachelorette/Bachelor groups?
- No/Maybe, but congratulations on your upcoming big day! Since bachelorette/bachelor groups are usually large, I can't fit you in my Tesla. If you happen to be a small group, and are really excited about what Farm to Glass Wine Tours is all about, please reach out, as I'm happy to discuss.
Are there any additional costs?
- Tours include all premium tasting fees, a farm/vineyard tour, locally sourced snacks and lunch, water and a damn good time are included. Every little detail will be taken care from start to finish so that you can relax and enjoy your day. Your wine adventure doesn't include any wine you buy or purchases at any applicable Farmer's Markets or fruit stand visits, but rest assure if you do buy, it will remain safe and chilled in the Tesla.
Where do you pick up and drop off from?
- Round trip transportation from your location in the Okanagan or Similkameen Valley. If you're willing to put in the hours, so am I. It's like the saying, "Will Travel for Wine!" Bonus: no fuel/hourly surcharge. This could mean it could be a long day depending on where you are and which tour you choose so please keep this in mind. The Tesla will keep you entertained, aka get your Karaoke song ready!
What vehicle will the tour be in?
- You'll be cruising wine country in a 2022 Tesla Y. The interior of Model Y is minimalist and beautiful, with a 15-inch touch screen, immersive sound system and an expansive all-glass roof that creates extra headroom and provides a seamless view of the sky.
Who is the guide?
- Fun, knowledgeable and professional guide (that's me!). If you're new to wine, welcome to the family! If you're a wine geek, let's get geeky! I have some badass wine credentials and I used to jet-set the world taking care of billionaires and celebrities, now I want to take care of you! Want to know more about me, click here!
Will we be able to purchase wine?
- Yes and guess what!? Temperature controlled storage of your wine purchases throughout the day. It gets hot in the Okanagan, but your wine won't! Some wineries will also ship to your home in temperature controlled transportation, or we can set up a shipment from the BC Wine Information Centre in Penticton.
What should we wear/bring?
- Comfortable Clothing & Footwear - There will be opportunities to walk in vineyards and around farm areas and the ground can be uneven, soft and very dusty. Hats are also strongly encouraged. I always try to get picnic locations in the shade, but it isn't always possible or guaranteed.
By choosing Farm to Glass Wine Tours, you're supporting a small, female owned and operated business. I want to also acknowledge that Farm to Glass Wine Tours operates on the traditional territory of the Syilx tmixʷ (Okanagan) and Nłeʔkepmx Tmíxʷ (Nlaka'pamux).
If you have any additional questions or inquiries, please reach out.
I'm looking forward to taking you on a wine adventure,
Jess Hopwood, Owner/Operator/Fun Person, Farm to Glass Wine Tours